Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
I absolutely love this recipe…I’m a huge cheese-head!
I usually prepare steps 1 through 4 the night before, so I can enjoy more mimosas on Sunday morning!!
~From Roxy’s Kitchen
8 oz. bacon
2 chopped garlic cloves
½ C diced onion
1 (4 oz) can of diced green chile peppers, drained
1 small container of mushrooms, sliced
2 C sharp Cheddar cheese
1 C shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
(use fresh cheeses from a block, not pre-shredded which has a preservative on it )
3 T flour
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ C half-and-half
2 (8 inch) unbaked, pie crusts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
If preferred, Steps 1 through 4 can be prepared the night before. Refrigerate in separate containers.
1) Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat, until crispy.
Drain, crumble and set aside.
2) Sautée garlic, onion, chile peppers & mushrooms, until ingredients are slightly tender.
Remove from heat and set aside.
3) In a small bowl, combine cheeses and flour.
4) In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and cream.
5) Mix together vegetables, cheeses and egg mixtures.
6) Sprinkle bottom of each pie crust with bacon.
Gently pour egg mixture over bacon.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 – 70 minutes.
7) Let stand for 10 minutes.
Enjoy with a fresh squeezed mimosa or a cup of Kona Coffee!